Friday, October 26, 2007

Large Format & Object Lighting


"Optimash Prime" This was done for one of my large format assignments in the end of my 1st year. It was our still life assignment. I used 4x5 Ektachrome for this one.


"Water I" This is my original idea for this assignment. It was for my Object Lighting class. I've always seen cool pictures of things exploding, so I wanted to try it. The only thing is, most times they have a sound or motion gate - I didn't. I did this over and over until I had the timing down. There are somethings I can do to make this better, and when I re-shoot this particular scene, I'll post.


"Water II" This was a redo of the above assignment, but this time was shot in studio. To begin with, I used studio strobes to light it, but then ended up using a small flash instead.


"Our Choice - Portfolio" For the portfolio in Object Lighting. To me, this one was all about texture. I wanted to have this really pretty hand painted candle lit.


"Our Choice - Portfolio" This was also for the portfolio. I wanted to treat this small statue like I would a person when it comes to lighting. I wanted texture in the wings, dress and hair while still having pleasing light on the face.


"Portfolio - Edible" Another portfolio piece for Object Lighting. What can I say. M & Ms. Yum.

1 comment:

Paige said...

I like the effect of the candle. You did well to render detail.