Thursday, April 3, 2008

Internship thus far....

For the most part, I've just been an assistant. But I've seen a lot of what running a photography business is all about - and I don't wanna have my own. Lol heck no!! Soooooo much work and you are at the mercy of the public (in this case, the art world). I have seen some amazing artwork and sculpture (some costing in the hundreds of thousands of dollars). And, I've helped photograph a few pieces (actually, we did 4x5 macro on some interesting jewelry - Scheimpflug ftw...).

Ya know, people say film is pretty much dead, especially large format. But that's not entirely the case. Mr. Dee has had plenty of artists request 4x5 and even 8x10 transparencies for their work.... so that's pretty cool. Recently, he's given me projects, "here's a camera, lights and a ____, you have 2 hours." Yesterday, I worked with only 4x5 transparencies doing some macro (and beyond) stuff. Was quite fun. I believe they came out alright, not sure yet though. Pictures to come shortly.

No comments: